Applications are accepted in September and January of each year as space permits. MESA can only serve a limited number of students, so if the program is full you will be placed on a waiting list.
You can participate in MESA if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are a declared STEM major (A STEM major is any major that requires calculus or MAT3A)
- You plan to transfer to a four-year university to earn a bachelor's degree
- You are first generation college going (neither you, or your parents, have a BS/BA)
- You are eligible for financial aid (BOGW or Pell Grants) OR You are eligible for EOPS, ACCESS or CalWORKs
- You are from an underrepresented background (Hispanic/Latino/Mexican American, Native American, African American) OR you attended a "low performing" high school OR your first Math class at Hartnell College was MAT 123 or below.